Friday, April 16, 2021

Ashley Monroe Releases Video For New Song "Groove" From 'Rosegold' out April 30

Ashley Monroe Releases Official Video For New Single "Groove" From Forthcoming Album Rosegold out 4/30 via Thirty Tigers
Credit: Alexa King
April 16, 2021: Today, The GRAMMY-nominated Nashville star Ashley Monroe released the official video for "Groove," the third song to be taken from her fifth studio album Rosegold out April 30 via Mountainrose Sparrow/Thirty Tigers. The new song follows the release of "'Til It Breaks" and "Drive." Rosegold is now available for pre-order.

Watch the video for "Groove" via YouTube:

"This one is the one I could listen to over and over," explains Monroe. "When Aaron Raitiere, Mikey Reaves and I wrote this, we knew it was cool. But I was hell bent on getting so many grooves in there that it was almost like a duet with me and the instruments. I had Chris Powell, Brian Allen and Zach Casebolt come in to give it so much groove, that no one could resist moving when they heard it. They slayed! I wrote this to all who like how they groove, and a tad to Nashville in the second verse. It is the 'don’t act like you don’t see me vibes.'"

Last month, Monroe spoke with Garden & Gun about the forthcoming album who said, "Monroe’s vocals shine through powerful harmonies, soaring choruses, and lyrics that blend vulnerability with vivid imagery and wordplay." Rosegold’s first single "Drive" was covered by Pitchfork, People, Stereogum, and Rolling Stone, who said, "The album’s lead single 'Drive' picks up where Sparrow left off and goes further, highlighting Monroe’s genre-hopping balladry with a trip-hop breakbeat, breathy falsetto, and murky electric guitar."

Written and recorded over the past two years, Rosegold finds Monroe pushing her sound in bold new directions, layering lush vocal harmonies atop dreamy, synthesized soundscapes and sensual, intoxicating beats. Rather than make demos of songs that appear on Rosegold, Monroe tracked and co-produced the album a-song-at-a-time, bringing ideas into writing sessions and inviting her collaborators — Nathan Chapman (Taylor Swift, Lady A), Mikey Reaves (Maren Morris, Needtobreathe), Jake Mitchell (Ashley McBryde, Luke Bryan), Jordan Reynolds (Maddie & Tae, Dan + Shay), Ben West (Maddie & Tae, Lady A), and longtime producer/co-writer Tyler Cain (who co-wrote "Has Anybody Ever Told You" with Ashley) — to help build and produce full tracks in the studio. The record was mixed by engineer Gena Johnson (John Prine, Jason Isbell), who worked with Monroe to help make the disparate styles and production on the album cohere into a powerful, moving work.

"I’ve always been good at writing sad songs because I’ve experienced a lot of sadness in my life," Monroe reflects. “When my son was born, though, it was like some sort of innocence got plugged back into my heart. I’d never really felt that kind of joy before, and I wanted to find a way to make it last. I told everyone I was working with that I didn’t want even a hint of sadness this time around. I wanted to embrace all the light and love in my life and find ways to share it with people."

Rosegold tracklist:

1) Siren
2) Silk
3) Gold
4) See
5) Drive
6) Flying
7) Groove
8) 'Til It Breaks
9) I Mean It
10) The New Me

Ashley Monroe:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Arizona transfer OL Darrell Branch commits to Tennessee State

#AGTG IM COMMITTED‼️‼️‼️ Nashville let’s get this thing rockin ‼️ pic.twitter.com/NtEoic9eCF — Darrell Branch (@DarrellBranch6) July 1, 202...